[Colloquium] REMINDER: SSC (special time and location): Michael Ferris -- MOPEC: Multiple Optimization Problems with Equilibrium Constraints

Ninfa Mayorga ninfa at ci.uchicago.edu
Tue Mar 26 12:10:31 CDT 2013

~REMINDER

MICHAEL C. FERRIS
Department of Computer Science
University of Wisconsin, Madison

MOPEC: Multiple Optimization Problems with Equilibrium Constraints

TUESDAY, March 26, 2013, at 3:00 PM       NOTE THE TIME AND LOCATION!!

SEARLE 240A, 5735 S. Ellis Avenue

ABSTRACT
We present a mechanism for describing and solving collections of optimization problems that
are linked by equilibrium conditions. Included in this class are classical models such as the
PIES model and agent based formulations arising from Nash Games. We demonstrate this
mechanism in the context of energy planning problems, specifically for capacity expansion,
hydro operation, and transmission line switching. We show how to incorporate stochastic
information into these systems and give examples of their use and their possible extensions
to hierarchical modeling.

Live broadcast via Adobe Connect; for instructions see:
http://www.stat.uchicago.edu/seminars/SSC_adobe_instructions.shtml

More Information:

CI/RDCEP Host/Organizer: Sou-Cheng (Terrya) Choi

Members of RDCEP, CI, and UofC who would like speak to Michael on the day of his visit one-to-one, please feel free to contact Sou-Cheng Choi to make arrangements one week in advance of the talk.