[Colloquium] Reminder: Colloquium at TTIC tomorrow at 2!

Dawn Ellis dellis at ttic.edu
Mon Jul 29 09:11:20 CDT 2013

When:    Tuesday, July 30th at 2pm

Where:   TTIC, 6045 S Kenwood Avenue, 5th Floor, Room #526

Who:      Konrad Schindler from ETH Zurich

TITLE:    Dense 3D scene flow estimation for locally rigid scenes

ABSTRACT:

I will present recent work on 3D scene flow estimation, i.e. dense
reconstruction of 3D geometry and motion field from two or more views.
Scene flow estimation is a combination of the dense stereo and dense
optical flow problems, and like these two it is ill-posed and needs some
form of regularization. In our work we exploit the fact that image motion
is frequently dominated by observer motion and a number of rigidly moving
objects. I will talk about two different models derived from this
assumption: the first one encourages rigidity in local neighborhoods; the
second one explicitly models the scene as piecewise planar and rigid.

BIO:

 http://www.igp.ethz.ch/photogrammetry/people/Schindler

Host: Raquel Urtasun, rurtasun at ttic.edu

--