[Colloquium] International Fellowship opportunity - Now accepting applications for Summer 2013 travel

Cindy cindy.rogowski at uchicago.edu
Wed Sep 26 13:54:33 CDT 2012

_*International Fellowship opportunity - Now accepting applications for
Summer 2013 travel*_

Are you looking for a chance to *travel abroad*?   Do you want to learn
more about *working with big data*?

The Open Science Data Cloud PIRE project is an opportunity for graduate
students and scientists to travel abroad and work with leaders in the
field of computing.   We are recruiting now for summer 2013 travel where
you would be paired with an international researcher in either Scotland,
Amsterdam or Japan to work together to develop the OSDC facility for
particular research that may be in any of the different domain science
fields we are currently working with including genomics, bioinformatics,
earth science, computer science, neuroscience and seismology. *This is a
fully funded fellowship *(funding provided by the National Science
Foundation).

To find out more information on the OSDC PIRE program please check out
the website: http://news.opensciencedatacloud.org/pire-training/

Applying to the program is easy!  Just have your resume, a one page
research statement and a letter of recommendation from your advisor and
go to this website to complete the application:
http://news.opensciencedatacloud.org/pire-training/how-to-apply/

If you are looking for a chance to travel abroad and/or learn more about
working with big data, we would be very interested in working with you
to participate in the program.

If you have any questions or need any additional information, email
Cindy Rogowski at cindy.rogowski at uchicago.edu or call 773-702-9765.
Please feel free to forward this onto any graduate student you think
would be interested in this opportunity!