[Colloquium] [Staff] Theory Seminars at Computer Science

Donna Brooms donna at cs.uchicago.edu
Mon May 21 11:11:20 CDT 2012

Date:         Tuesday, May 22,  2012
Time:        3 p.m.
Place:        Ryerson 251, 1100 E. 58th Street

Speaker:    David Schuster
From:        University of Chicago
Title:         Title: Progress in quantum computing using superconducting circuits
Abstract: In the past several years, remarkable progress has been made in the quality and complexity of superconducting circuits.  Coherence times improved by 1,000,000x from <1ns to >100 us, and it has become possible to do multi-qubit gates and small algorithms.  I will present an overview of how quantum computing works and detail progress in the circuit based model of quantum computation using superconducting elements as qubits and gates.  I will conclude with discussion of some of the current challenges faced by experimental quantum computing efforts.

*Refreshments will be served prior to the talk at 2:30 in Ryerson 255*