[Colloquium] Vision Seminar: Gilad Lerman, University of Minnesota

Julia MacGlashan macglashan at tti-c.org
Tue Mar 17 08:50:35 CDT 2009

REMINDER

When:             Wednesday, March 18th @ 1:00pm

Where:            6045 S Kenwood Ave, TTI-C Conference Room #530 (5th Floor)

Who:               Gilad Lerman (University of Minnesota, Dept. of
Mathematics)

Title:                Multi-manifold data modeling via spectral curvature
clustering

We propose a fast multi-way spectral clustering algorithm for multi-manifold
data modeling, i.e., modeling data by mixtures of manifolds (possibly
intersecting).
We describe the supporting theory as well as the practical choices guided by
it. We first develop the case of hybrid linear modeling, i.e., when the
underlying manifolds are affine subspaces in a Euclidean space, and then we
extend this setting to more general manifolds. We exemplify the practical
use of the algorithm by demonstrating its successful application to problems
of motion segmentation.

Contact:          Ronen Basri, TTI-C		ronen.basri at tti-c.org
834-2515