[Colloquium] TTI-C Talk: Sanghyun Park (Argonne National Laboratory)

Julia MacGlashan macglashan at tti-c.org
Mon Mar 9 09:39:50 CDT 2009

REMINDER

When:             Tuesday, March 10th @ 11:00am (lunch will be provided
after talk)

Where:            6045 S Kenwood Ave, TTI-C Conference Room #526 (5th Floor)

Who:               Sanghyun Park (Argonne National Laboratory)

Title:                Physics-Based Simulations of Protein Conformations

Many important phenomena in molecular biology, such as protein folding,
protein-ligand binding, and protein allostery, involve conformational
changes of proteins.  Physics-based simulations are commonly used for the
study of protein conformations, but many problems are still out of reach of
such simulations and call for original algorithmic solutions.  In this talk,
I will lay out some of the theoretical challenges and present my new method
"deactivated morphing" that is robustly applicable to conformational changes
of arbitrary complexity.

Contact:          Jinbo Xu, TTI-C	j3xu at tti-c.org 		834-2511