[Colloquium] Alan Yuille (UCLA Stat Dept): TTI-C Talk

Julia MacGlashan macglashan at tti-c.org
Tue May 27 09:32:43 CDT 2008

When:             Thursday, May 29 @ 3:00pm

Where:            TTI-C Conference Room, 1427 E. 60th St., 2nd Floor

Who:                Alan Yuille, UCLA Statistics Department

Topic:              Discriminative Learning for Deformable Object Parsing

Work with (Leo) Log Zhu.

We propose hierarchical models for representing shape and appearance of
deformable objects. These models are learnt in a discriminative manner using
techniques such as structure-perceptron and max-margin. We describe rapid
inference algorithms which can parse these models efficiently. These
approaches are demonstrated on horses, humans, faces and a range of other
objects. We evaluate the effectiveness of these models on standard
benchmarked databases for tasks such as detection, segmentation, matching
and parsing.

Contact:          David McAllester, TTI-C         mcallester at tti-c.org
702-5562