[Colloquium] FW: Guest Speaker Announcement

Ponda Barnes pondabarnes at tti-c.org
Fri Sep 21 09:32:39 CDT 2007

Reminder!!

TTI-C Guest Speaker

Presented by: Toyota Technological Institute at Chicago

 Speaker:  Meirav Galun
 Speaker's home page: http://www.wisdom.weizmann.ac.il/~meirav

Date:  Friday, September 21, 2007
Location: TTI-C Conference room, 2nd Floor-Press Building
Time: 2:00pm

 Title: Image and Data Analysis by Multiscale Approaches

 Abstract:

Images and data are multiscale by nature: significant data structures
(edges, regions, shapes, clusters) are often found at different scales.
Local or uni-scale features are usually insufficient to identify and extract
such structures, whereas appropriate multiscale features can explain the
nature of the data.  Full perception is often obtained only when integrating
information across multiple scales.  In this talk, I will present multiscale
methods that we have developed for analysis and perception of complex data.
I will show the power of our multiscale approach on a variety of data and
image analysis problems, including edge detection in very noisy images,
segmentation of complex imagery, data clustering, and shape classification.

If you have any questions or would like to meet the speaker, please contact
Ponda Barnes at pondabarnes at tti-c.org.
For future TTI-C talks and events, please go to
http://ttic.uchicago.edu/cal/month.php.  TTI-C (1427 E. 60th Street,
Chicago, IL)