[Colloquium] Guest Speakers @ TTI-C Next Week (3/13/06-3/17/06)

Katherine Cumming kcumming at tti-c.org
Fri Mar 10 13:03:20 CST 2006

**********TTI-C Guest Speakers (4) Next Week***********
                      March 13 - March 17, 2006
        Presented by:  Toyota Technological Institute at Chicago

(1)

Speaker: Dan L. Nicolae, Department of Statistics, University of Chicago
Speaker's home page:  <http://www.stat.uchicago.edu/faculty/nicolae.html>
http://www.stat.uchicago.edu/faculty/nicolae.html

Date: Monday, March 13, 2006
Location: TTI-C Conference Room, Part of Bioinformatics Seminar
Time:  2:00 pm

Title:  Whole-genome Association SNP Sets
Abstract:
Large-scale genotyping platforms are used in genetic association
Studies that aim to identify the DNA variation affecting risk to disease, or
modifying the distribution of phenotypic variables such as quantitative
traits and response to drug.  The Affymetrix genotyping sets, GeneChip
Mapping 100K and 500K Arrays, are among the most used platforms in
current studies.  I will talk about issues in study design and data
analyses and I will describe genotype-calling algorithms for these
arrays.

(2)

Speaker:  Brona Brejova, University of Waterloo
Speaker's home page:  <http://www.bioinformatics.uwaterloo.ca/~bbrejova/>
http://www.bioinformatics.uwaterloo.ca/~bbrejova/