[Colloquium] TTI-C Show and Tell Series: Sminchisescu (Monday 2.27 @ 12:00 pm)

Katherine Cumming kcumming at tti-c.org
Thu Feb 23 13:33:44 CST 2006

TTI-C SHOW AND TELL SERIES

Presented by:  Toyota Technological Institute at Chicago

Speaker: Cristian Sminchisescu, TTI-C
Speaker's home page:  http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~crismin/

Time: Monday, February 27, 2006
Location: TTI-C Conference Room
Lunch Provided @ 12:00pm
Seminar @ 12:15pm

Title:

Generative and Conditional Models for Visual Inference

Abstract:

In this talk I will discuss ongoing work on using conditional models of
various kinds for visual reconstruction and recognition, and I will show
applications to 3d human motion analysis in monocular video.  I will
illustrate the key ingredients that make the computation efficient,
including the use of observation context, sparsity, low- dimensionality and
mixture modeling.  I will also describe some of the limitations of
conditional models, and show how more reliable estimates can be obtained by
jointly learning bidirectional, conditional-generative tandems.

If you have questions, or would like to meet the speaker, please contact
Katherine at 773-834-1994 or kcumming at tti-c.org.   For information on future
TTI-C talks and events, please go to the TTI-C Events page:
http://www.tti-c.org/events.html.  TTI-C (1427 East 60th Street, Chicago, IL
60637)