[Colloquium] Show & Tell Series at TTI-C (2/8/05 @ 12:15)

Katherine Cumming kcumming at tti-c.org
Tue Feb 1 09:14:24 CST 2005

TTI-C SHOW AND TELL SERIES TALK

Speaker: Eli Ben-Sasson, TTI-C
Speaker's home page: http://www.tti-c.org//ben-sasson.html

Time: Tuesday, February 8, 2005
Location: TTI-C Conference Room
Lunch/Refreshments Provided  @ 12:00pm
Seminar @ 12:15pm

Title: Sub-linear time verification of computations

Abstract:

I will describe some of our recent work on Probabilistically
Checkable Proofs (PCPs), Locally Testable Codes (LTCs) and their
connections to Complexity Theory at large.

In particular, we will show that the task of verifying a computation
reduces to the task of verifying that a function is close to a
low-degree, uni-variate polynomial.

The talk is intended for a general CS audience.

Joint work with: Oded Goldriech, Prahladh Harsha, Madhu Sudan and Salil
Vadhan.