[Colloquium] TTI-C Talk today, August 15th @ 1pm (Alex Smola)

Katherine Cumming kcumming at tti-c.org
Mon Aug 15 10:28:37 CDT 2005

TOYOTA TECHNOLOGICAL INSTITUTE TALK

Speaker:  Alex Smola, MICTA
Speaker's homepage:  http://users.rsise.anu.edu.au/~smola/home.html

Time:  Monday, August 15th @ 1:00 pm
Location:  TTI-C Conference Room

Title: Transduction via Moment Constraints

Abstract: We present a method for performing transductive inference.
Our algorithm is based on multiclass Gaussian processes and is effective
whenever the multiplication of the kernel matrix or its inverse with a
vector can be performed sufficiently fast.

This holds, for instance, for certain graph and string kernels.
Transduction is achieved by variational inference over the unlabeled
data subject to a balancing constraint.

If you have questions, or would like to meet the speaker, please contact
Katherine at 773-834-1994 or kcumming at tti-c.org.   For information on
future TTI-C talks and events, please go to the TTI-C Events page:
http://www.tti-c.org/events.html.  TTI-C (1427 East 60th Street,
Chicago, IL  60637)