[Colloquium] Jeffrey talk Wed. 6/9 1:30 at TTI

Meridel Trimble mtrimble at tti-c.org
Fri Jun 4 14:43:23 CDT 2004

TOYOTA TECHNOLOGICAL INSTITUTE TALK

Speaker: Alan Jeffrey
DePaul University

Speaker's Homepage: http://fpl.cs.depaul.edu/ajeffrey/

Time: Wednesday, June 9th, 1:30pm.
Place: TTI-C (1427 E. 60th St. – 2nd Floor)
REFRESHMENTS PROVIDED

Title: Cryptyc: A Cryptograhic Protocol Type Checker

Abstract:
In this talk, I will describe the Cryptyc project, which is to design a
domain-specific language for authentication protocols based on the spi-calculus.
The main novel feature of the language is the use of type-and-effect systems to
capture correspondence properties of authentication protocols. A subject
reduction result shows that any well-typed program is guaranteed to satisfy the
correspondence property. I will also discuss current work on extending Cryptyc
to deal with larger classes of examples.

Joint work with Andrew D. Gordon of Microsoft Research

If you have questions, or would like to meet the speaker, please contact
Meridel at 4-9873 or mtrimble at tti-c.org

For information on future TTI-C talks or events, please go to the TTI-C Events
page: http://www.tti-c.org/events.shtml