[Colloquium] Reminder: today's talk by Rajasekar Krishnamurthy

Margery Ishmael marge at cs.uchicago.edu
Fri Feb 20 09:28:50 CST 2004

DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE - TALK

Date: Friday, February 20, 2004
Time: 2:30 p.m.
Place: Ryerson 251

Speaker:  RAJASEKAR KRISHNAMURTHY

From: University of Wisconsin-Madison

Title:  XML-to-SQL Query Translation

Abstract:

Developing techniques for managing and querying the growing body of XML
data is becomingly increasingly important. A popular approach to
evaluating XML queries is to translate them to SQL and then use a
relational database system to evaluate the result. In this talk, I will
describe two of my contributions in designing good XML-to-SQL query
translation algorithms. Experiments with a commercial relational
database system show that the SQL queries output by our algorithm can be
far more efficient than the queries output by previous translation
algorithms.

Host: ANNE ROGERS

*Refreshments will follow the talk in Ryerson 255*

People in need of assistance should call 773-834-8977 in advance.