[Colloquium] Claes Johnson/Anders Logg talk Mon. 10/20, TTI

Meridel Trimble mtrimble at tti-c.org
Fri Oct 17 17:16:53 CDT 2003

TOYOTA TECHNOLOGICAL INSTITUTE TALK

Speakers: Claes Johnson and Anders Logg

Claes Johnson's homepage: http://www.math.chalmers.se/~claes/
Anders Logg's Homepage: http://www.math.chalmers.se/~logg/

Date: Monday, October 20, 2003
Time: 2:30 p.m.
Place: Toyota Technological Institute - Chicago (Press Building 2nd Floor -
1427 E. 60th St.)

Title: Adaptivity in Computational Mathematical Modeling

Abstract: We present an overview of our work on adaptive methods for
differential equations. Adaptivity is the key step in the automation of
Computational Mathematical Modeling (CMM) with respect to discretization,
optimization
and modeling.

We present a general methodology as well as specific applications, including
inverse scattering of acoustic waves, multi-adaptive time-stepping, and
turbulent flow. The last topic will be presented in more detail in the talk of
Johan Hoffman on Thursday.

Please contact Meridel with questions 834.9873/mtrimble at tti-c.org