[Colloquium] Talk by Hany Farid on 11/14/03

Margery Ishmael marge at cs.uchicago.edu
Tue Nov 4 15:32:02 CST 2003

---

DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE - TALK

Friday, November 14, 2003 at 2:30 p.m. in Ryerson 251

----

Speaker: HANY FARID, Dartmouth College
http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~farid/

Host: Yali Amit

Title: How Realistic is Photorealistic ?

Abstract:
Computer graphics rendering software is capable of generating highly
photorealistic images that are often impossible to differentiate from
photographic images.  I will describe a model based on first- and
higher-order wavelet statistics that reveals subtle but significant
differences between photorealistic and photographic images.  I will
also discuss applications of this model to digital forensics,
intercepting covert communications, and art forensics.

*Refreshments will follow the talk in Ryerson 255*

People in need of assistance should call 773-834-8977 in advance.