Math/CS Talk on Wednesday, 28 Feb. at 4:00 pm

Margery Ishmael marge at cs.uchicago.edu
Thu Feb 22 17:00:03 CST 2001

Wednesday, 28 February at 4:00 p.m. in Eckhart 206

Paul Castillo, University of Minnesota

Title : Discontinuous Galerkin Methods

Abstract : In recent years there has been a tremendous interest in the
application of Discontinuous Galerkin methods to problems where the
diffusion is not negligible and more recently to pure elliptic problems.
In this talk, we will present a brief overview of such methods in a
general framework.  In particular we describe the so called
Local Discontinuous Galerkin method.  Theoretical as well as practical
issues will be discussed.

Host: Todd Dupont

(If you would like to meet with the visitor, please send e-mail to
marge at cs.uchicago.edu)
--
Margery Ishmael
Department of Computer Science